Designed as a lightweight, breathable and tactical glove for use in varying conditions the Shadow Elite Fast Fit Tactical Gloves by The Requirements Group (TRG) give the shooter not only an added layer of protection, but keep their tactile sense and dexterity.
Made with a synthetic leather palm and printed silicone padding in key areas, the Fast Fit (FF) gloves are one of several varieties in hand protection offered by TRG. The design of the silicone “Gel” and other foam-padded areas will reduce friction and impact. Elsewhere, the fingers and palm feature silicone prints for added grip.
The backhand material to the FF gloves comprises of Nylon Lycra, a lightweight and moisture wicking mesh, that affords flexibility and breathability. The index finger and thumb also feature touch-pad sensitive tips that are compatible with most touch-based electronics.
The FF gloves will secure above the wrist bone by an adjustable hook-and-loop strap. Inside of the wrist strap are two retention lanyards.
Sizes range from Small to XXL, and come in Coyote (featured) or Black.
Product Evaluation Scores:
- Cost – Good (4/5): At $18.20 the FF gloves are very will priced considering the materials and design. In comparison to other similar shooter-style gloves, the Fast Fit actually cost less for the same design used by other manufacturers.
- Comfort – Good (4/5): The flexibility and breathability in the backhand material make the gloves very flexible when donning or removing. There is also a an added guset material between the thumb and forefinger that improves the range of motion.
- Durability – Average (3/5): Given the thickness of the lycra/leather materials, these gloves will most likely only last sustained hard use for a short time, much like SKD’s PIGs, and then need replacing. But that is per design and not an indictment against the Fast Fits. Gloves that have greatest tactile function like the FF gloves will wear out over hard use. One notable issue however, was the hook-and-loop of the wrist strap on one glove will catch and fray the material of the other glove between the leather and lycra when contacted.
- Functionality – Good (4/5): Overall the Fast Fit gloves functioned as intended as shooter gloves. Positive tactile sensation was maintained to the trigger and dexterity during magazine changes and function drills were not impaired. It would be nice if the retention lanyards were made of parachord rather than a thin strip of material, as using them for storage or to assist donning the gloves feels frail at best. The only negative note would be the touchscreen pads were difficult to use as the contact pad on the glove moved to the side while wearing them, but would still function.
- Weight – Average (3/5): At 2.2 ounces for the pair, the FF gloves are actually lighter than SKDs or Mechanix variant of the same glove. But otherwise its weight is comparable to other similar style shooter gloves.
Overall Rating – Above Average (18/25)
Product Link: https://therequirementsgroup.com/she-2369/
I am reviewing this product as a courtesy to the manufacturer and via STL Shooting Enthusiasts, so that I can evaluate it and provide my honest feedback. I am not bound by any written, verbal, or implied contract to give positive reviews. All views are my own, and based off my personal experience with the product.
The views and opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author. The views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the administrative staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.