The intent of the product review process at STL Shooting Enthusiasts is to provide the most unbiased and relevant information to its viewership. We want solid companies, who stand behind their product, to thrive and have confidence in what they do. Information on submitting a product for review to STL Shooting Enthusiasts is listed below. At no time is a writer pressured to produce a positive review of the item tested. At STL Shooting Enthusiasts our integrity is paramount, as it is to our viewers, and we view a product should stand on its own merit, and based on its purpose or design. At STL Shooting Enthusiasts we give unbiased reviews with the explicit goal of providing only factual observations while allowing the consumer reach their own conclusions based on our findings. None of the writers at STL Shooting Enthusiasts are bound by any contract (written, verbal, or implied) to give positive product reviews, all observations and views belong to the writer based on their own experiences with the product. The three ways in which STL Shooting Enthusiasts acquires a product for a review are as follows:
- STL Shooting Enthusiasts purchases a product using our own money.
- A manufacturer provides STL Shooting Enthusiasts a ‘writers discount’ for a review.
- STL Shooting Enthusiasts completes a review in exchange for the product.
Something to consider when requesting a product review:
- STL Shooting Enthusiasts reserves the right to not accept, nor request, an item unless it has an interest to our audience.
- STL Shooting Enthusiasts reserves the right to reject any item submitted for review if it fails to meet our criteria. Please contact STL Shooting Enthusiasts and get our consent to review an item before submitting it.
- Upon a request, STL Shooting Enthusiasts will send an email back to the provider stating of our desire to review an item if it falls within the scope of our organization. If approved, STL Shooting Enthusiasts will assign an appropriate writer.
During the review process, the items submitted are used as intended. For this reason, STL Shooting Enthusiasts generally will not return a reviewed item. The following may occur:
- The item(s) may be kept by the reviewer.
- The item(s) may be given away as part of a contest or giveaway.
- If the vendor has not requested return of the product within 30 days receipt of the product for review, STL Shooting Enthusiasts cannot be liable for its return following this grace period.
- If the item(s) must be returned, then it is the responsibility of the vendor to inform STL Shooting Enthusiasts before sending the product to our office. The vendor must include completed return shipping labels with postage paid and RMA information—failure to do so will mean the items are considered non-returnable.
At STL Shooting Enthusiasts we provide unbiased and factual reviews. Authors may provide a drafted review of the product to the vendor as a courtesy and ensure accuracy, but vendors are not afforded editorial authority of any kind nor can they “approve” of a review before publication. Reviews can include both positive and negative views, and STL Shooting Enthusiasts will publish the review regardless of outcome.
STL Shooting Enthusiasts only reviews working items. If your product appears defective in any way, the vendor will be contacted and given a choice of re-submitting or not.
Reviews will be posted within 30 days of receipt by STL Shooting Enthusiasts, but may take up to 60 days depending on the backlog of items and work schedule of authors.
How to Submit a Product for Review:
- Email STL Shooting Enthusiasts at STLShootingEnthusiasts@gmail.com.
- Include the following Contact Info:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Product Name and manufacturer
- MSRP of item
- Target Market
- Company Website Link
- Wait for a reply email. Not every product fits the scope of STL Shooting Enthusiasts. If your item(s) are accepted, we will send you an email acknowledging our desire to conduct a review. In our reply email we will ask you to send your product to our office, and we will give it to the appropriate reviewer(s). Our reply email will also include mailing information based on the type of product submitted.
- How/Where to Submit a Product for Review:
- If possible send at least two (2) samples of the product.
- You also should include:
- A Press Kit (Product photos, Technical specifications, if relevant, PR contact information, Technical contacts, if relevant).
- Return shipping information, including shipping labels and RMA information.
- For questions about the review process, please email us at STLShootingEnthusiasts@gmail.com.
- How/Where to Submit a Product for Review:
The Review Process
To best review a submitted product, reviews will fall into one of two formats:
Consumer Reviews: Traditional reviews written with the consumer in mind. Products are evaluated per the below criteria. Reviews include images and opinions by the author, and are intended to inform the consumer to the greatest degree possible on the submission.
For a Consumer Review, STL Shooting Enthusiasts will provide a 1-5 rating scale in the following categories and an overall rating for each product submitted:
- Comfort (if applicable)
- Overall Rating
The rating scale is defined as:
- (1) Poor/unacceptable:Worse than expected, or desirable; of a low or inferior standard or quality.
- (2) Fair: In conformity with reasonable expectations, but in comparison to competitors is may be deficient.
- (3) Average: Common item; item neither lacks from or is superior than a competitor’s item.
- (4) Good: The item is desirable and has qualities that excel in comparison to a competitor’s item.
- (5) Excellent: Outstanding, possesses superior quality; remarkably good.
- Overall Rating: We will give it the overall rating
T&E Reviews: Similar to Consumer Reviews, this format pertains to more technical evaluations wherein the item is examined in a scientific method to provide detailed information for industry partners. It will have some opinion and not include a rating scale, rather relying on the informed statistical and measured performance of the submission to better inform the reader.
Our reviewers note the following Material Disclosure on all of their articles as it applies:
“I am reviewing this product as a courtesy to the manufacturer and via STL Shooting Enthusiasts, so that I can evaluate it and provide my honest feedback. I am not bound by any written, verbal, or implied contract to give positive reviews. All views are my own, and based off my personal experience with the product.
The views and opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author. The views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the administrative staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.”
Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to hearing about your products!