Not to be outdone by the gents over at Tier 1 with their 3-7s Drill, the minds at RE Factor released in 2018 a pistol challenge they are highlighting again. One intended to push the most experienced shooter through speed, transitions, and weapons control. Dubbed “The Kill Card Challenge” the goal is rather straightforward; using RE Factor’s “Essentials Target,” score seven hits in seven seconds, and earn yourself a unique, custom patch symbolizing your accomplishment. To date, RE Factor maintains only approximately 40 individuals have completed the drill successfully.
- Proof of Distance (use a measuring tape)
- Distance: 5 yards
- Proof of Time (use a shot timer)
- Proof of Hits (video of targets before and after)
Course of Fire using an Essentials Target:
- Start Position: Facing downrange, weapon holstered, weapon loaded with two rounds and ready. Shooter will have two magazines holstered; one with four rounds, another with two.
- At buzzer shooter will:
- Draw and fire two rounds into Target #1
- Fire four rounds into Rectangle #7
- Fire two rounds into Rectangle #12
Any shot that breaks the line counts as a hit.
Complete the drill in seven seconds, with no misses, and earn yourself a free exclusive patch.
For a demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVJ2EpWmPzI
For full details: https://blog.refactortactical.com/blog/kill-card-challenge/